Baked Salmon Cheese Dip
We were tasked with coming up for a dish for a holiday potluck, and the thought occurred to us: what about a seafood alternative to the classic spinach dip?
We gave it a spin and it worked out great–especially since we also love cheese! And coming to a dinner gathering with a twist on a same-old, same-old party dish? Priceless. There are no shortage of smoked salmon fans out here on the West Coast!
- 500 grams Sour Cream
- 150 grams St. Jean's canned Smoked Salmon
- 500 grams Cream Cheese
- 300 grams Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Loaf Sourdough Bread Medium Sized
- Shred cheddar cheese; mix with sour cream, St. Jean’s smoked salmon, and cream cheese.
- Hollow out a round sourdough loaf; set top/inside of bread aside.
- Fill bread bowl with mixture and cover with top of loaf. Bake at 350 F for 1 hour.
- After it’s done, break up the top of the loaf–those are your initial dippers! Make sure to serve it while it’s still warm. Enjoy!
You could try other types of bread, but we really liked how the sourdough flavour worked with the cheese, and it wasn’t overpowered by the smoke flavour either.