Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 white onion diced
- 10 oz St. Jean's Canned chanterelle mushrooms drained & chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese grated
- fresh snipped chives
- salt & pepper
- In a sauce pan, bring the stock to a simmer.
- In a separate deep-sided pan over medium heat, sauté the Arborio rice and onion in the olive oil until the onions are translucent but not caramelized. Add the garlic and sauté for one more minute.
- Ladle three ounces of hot stock into the rice and stir until the stock is absorbed. Continue adding one ladle of stock at a time, continuing to stir until the stock is once again absorbed.
- Continual stirring will help break down the starchy outer layer of the rice and develop the traditional creamy texture of risotto. This process should use most if not all of the stock in about 23 minutes. By then, the rice will be cooked al dente–or just a bit of “crispness to the tooth.”
- Remove the rice pan from heat and add chanterelle mushrooms, butter, cheese, and seasoning to taste. The final product should be thick and creamy but loose enough to flow slowly from a spoon.
- Garnish with snipped chives and enjoy!