Personal information means information about an identifiable individual, such as name, home mailing address, home phone number, and employment information.
St. Jean’s Cannery Ltd. collects, uses and discloses personal information for the following purposes:
- Maintaining a customer mailing list for our mail-order business;
- Processing and recording sales transactions for goods and services provided;
- Maintaining customer sales history for after-sales service;
- Notifying you of certain products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Compiling statistics for our own purposes;
- To verify credit worthiness;
- To manage an employee relationship.
We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our personal information practices:
- Your voluntary provision of personal information to St. Jean’s Cannery Ltd.
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process
- Your consent solicited by St. Jean’s Cannery Ltd. for a specified purpose
You may withhold or withdraw this consent at any time. Your decision to withhold or withdraw your consent, may restrict our ability to provide a particular service or product. If so, we will explain the situation to assist you in making the decision.
We may collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent in the following limited circumstances:
When the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is permitted or required by law;
- In an emergency that threatens an individual’s life, health or personal security;
- For the purposes of collecting a debt;
- To protect ourselves from fraud.
St. Jean’s Cannery Ltd. will only collect, use or disclose personal information that is necessary for the identified purposes. We will retain personal information only as long as required.
St. Jean’s Cannery Ltd. will maintain your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is possible.